Looking for a natural way to treat your menopausal symptoms, other than progesterone hormone replacement therapy, HRT? Check out the following and learn more about three alternatives that will safely and effectively treat your menopause symptoms: lifestyle changes, estrogenic herbal supplements, and hormone-regulating herbal supplements.
Instead of taking some drastic measures to relieve your menopause symptoms, you can try a few simple lifestyle changes that have the potential to yield the same results as other menopause treatments. By adding daily exercise into you routine, you are giving your body the optimal ability to fight off menopause symptoms. The healthier you are, the better equipped your body is to handle the transition into menopause. Physical activity does not have to be strenuous; even low-impact exercises like yoga can help increase fitness, improve balance, and even out hormone levels.
Also, a healthy diet that is filled with lots of fruits, vegetables, and water will give you the necessary vitamins and minerals to help you fight the symptoms of menopause. Certain nutrients are necessary for the proper functioning of many of your body's defenses.
Estrogenic Herbal Supplements
If you have been doing research about different menopause treatments, then there is no doubt that you have come across information about herbal remedies that can help curb your menopausal symptoms. Some supplements contain phytoestrogens, or plant estrogens that act like natural estrogen in the female body. Such herbal remedies include:
- Black cohosh. This herb is known to help with hormone irregularities. Gingko biloba. This ancient plant improves blood flow to the brain and helps combat menopausal memory loss.
- Dong quai. This Chinese herb is rich in phytoestrogens that help increase lower levels of estrogen.
- Ginseng. Likewise, this plant is full of phytoestrogens and helps boost dropping estrogen levels in menopausal women. It can also increase stamina and energy.
- Red clover. This plant can help copy estrogen to balance hormone levels and is also prescribed as a blood thinner.
- Soy. Soy products can help to regulate raging menopausal hormones and fight hot flashes and night sweats.
Hormone-regulating Herbal Supplements
Hormone-regulating herbs (e.g., Macafem) don't contain any estrogen. These herbs stimulate a woman's hormone production by nourishing the endocrine glands, causing them to more efficiently produce natural hormones. This ultimately results in balancing not only estrogen, but also other pertinent hormones such as progesterone. These supplements can be considered the safest alternative to treat problems regarding progesterone and menopause.