Menopause is a difficult time for women due to hormone imbalances. They are left battling signs and symptoms such as hot flashes, night sweats, and osteoporosis, and desperately looking for a cure. Thus, they are often tempted to turn to the first treatment option they are offered by their medical practitioner. However, first they should look at natural ways to increase their natural hormone production. For example, one of the easiest ways to increase natural hormone production is through diet.
Why Does Hormone Imbalance Occur?
When women are menopausal, hormone imbalance occurs because they are leaving their reproductive stage and their bodies no longer require the same quantity of estrogen and progesterone hormones. Thus, the ovaries and the adrenal glands begin to produce a smaller quantity of hormones. However, estrogen and progesterone hormones play a larger role in the body than just in reproduction, and when there is a deficiency women will suffer.
How Can Food Help Hormone Imbalance?
Natural hormone production is most effective when women live a healthy lifestyle. Thus, it is important that women take regular exercise, eat a healthy diet, and avoid drinking too much alcohol. Listed above there are different foods that women should eat in order to prevent certain diseases.
- Dairy products are chock-full of calcium, which helps to keep bones strong and healthy. Thus, women should consume milk, eggs, cheese and yogurt to avoid osteoporosis during menopause.
- Additionally, oily fish can also work effectively at helping women to boost their calcium levels.
- Leafy green vegetables are also proven to keep the bones strong and are natural hormone production boosters.
- Foods that contain soy are supposedly good for the heart.
- Whole grain fibers are excellent for lowering bad cholesterol levels.
- Women should ensure they are eating plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Vitamin C rich fruits (such as oranges and kiwis) are good for avoiding cancer.
- Tomatoes also help women to avoid certain types of cancer.
- Flax seeds and whole grain foods are filled with antioxidants to keep the body healthy.
In conclusion, increasing natural hormone production with food is possible, and is a strategy employed by a number of women. However, if women suffer from severe hormone imbalance, and increasing their natural hormone production is not effective, there are different treatments they can turn to. Click on the links below for more information about natural hormone production and treating adverse menopausal signs and symptoms.