With over 200 hormones and hormone-like substances being present in the human body, it is not uncommon for hormonal imbalance to occur in some way, shape, or form, especially hormonal deficiencies.1
Continue reading to learn more about low hormone levels symptoms so that you can take action sooner rather than later for optimal hormonal health.
Symptoms of Low Hormones in Females
Low hormone levels symptoms can be broken down into physical and psychological. They include, but are not limited to:
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Irregular periods
- Dry skin
- Loss of libido
- Breast tenderness
- Weight gain
- Headaches and migraines
- Vaginal dryness
- Bloating and water retention
- Hair loss
- Joint pain
- Cold hands and feet
- Breast discharge
- Hair loss
- Pelvic pain
- Slowed heart rate
- Joint pain
- Muscle weakness
If women find themselves suffering from the aforementioned symptoms, they should visit their medical practitioner in order the run appropriate diagnostic testing.
Without a doubt, the signs and symptoms of low hormone levels in females can also be indicative of other diseases and illnesses.
Fortunately, there are a variety of treatment options for women who suffer from the symptoms of low hormone levels or any other hormonal imbalance.
Discover more about hormonal imbalance treatments to finally indulge in a symptom-free life by clicking on the previous link.
- Endocrine Society. (2019). Progesterone and Progestins. Retrieved December 9, 2019, https://www.hormone.org/your-health-and-hormones/glands-and-hormones-a-to-z/hormones/progesterone
- Healthy Women. (2017). Could You Have Low Estrogen? | Low Progesterone Symptoms. Retrieved December 9, 2019, from https://forevher.healthywomen.org/overview-diagnosis/could-you-have-low-estrogen/ | https://www.healthywomen.org/content/article/low-progesterone-symptoms
- Mayo Clinic. (2018). Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid): Symptoms & causes. Retrieved December 9, 2019, from https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hypothyroidism/symptoms-causes/syc-20350284
- National University of Natural Medicine: Women in Balance Institute. (n.d.). Do You Have a Hormone Imbalance? Retrieved December 6, 2019, from https://womeninbalance.org/seventh-woman/do-you-have-a-hormone-imbalance/
- Northwell Health. (2018). 11 unexpected signs of hormonal imbalance. Retrieved December 6, 2019, from https://www.northwell.edu/obstetrics-and-gynecology/fertility/expert-insights/11-unexpected-signs-of-hormonal-imbalance
- The Pituitary Foundation. (n.d.). Your hormones. Retrieved December 9, 2019, from https://www.pituitary.org.uk/information/hormones/