- Effective for those suffering from PMS symptoms; results will vary
- No clinical studies proving product efficacy
- No money-back guarantee
- Price (via vitalnutrients.com): around $28 for a 1 or 2-month supply, depending on dosage
How Vital Nutrients PMS Support Works
Vital Nutrients PMS Support is a combination of herbal extracts designed to help women with menstrual cycle symptoms. Vitex, for example, helps the pituitary gland to modulate the production of luteinizing hormone, which supports progesterone production to maintain regularity. Dong quai, on the other hand, helps relieve cramps and other discomforts by relaxing smooth muscles.
Vital Nutrients PMS Support Ingredients
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) - maintains normal nerve function, creates hemoglobin, breaks down proteins, and balances blood sugar Chaste tree berry extract (Vitex agnus-castus) - phytoestrogenic herb that balances emotions and mood before and during menses
- Wild yam root extract - derived from phytoestrogenic wild yam to relieve various PMS symptoms
- Dong quai root extract - phytoestrogen added to help combat cramps, irregular periods, fatigue, and anemia from heavy flow
- Bupleurum root extract - herb that reduces anxiety, stress, and other PMS symptoms
- Passionflower herb extract - herb that possesses calming effects on central nervous system, thus relieving anxiety and easing depression
Vegetable cellulose capsule, magnesium citrate, leucine, silica
This supplement does not contain common allergens (gluten, soy, dairy) or coatings, binders, sugar, or egg protein.
Vital Nutrients PMS Support Safety & Side Effects
Vital Nutrients PMS Support Safety
Women who are pregnant should consult a doctor before use.
Side Effects of Vital Nutrients PMS Support
Vital Nutrients does not mention any short- or long-term side effects for this product. However, women should be cautious of overdosing on some of the phytoestrogenic herbs present within the supplement. For example, side effects of chaste tree berry can include intermenstrual bleeding, nausea, headaches, dry mouth, alopecia, and tachycardia.
Vital Nutrients PMS Support Reviews
(10+ reviews - Average rating: 4.6 out of 5)
Not very representative due to extremely small sample size:
- Positive reviews mention that the supplement helped cure them of symptoms throughout their entire menstrual cycles, bringing relief from mood swings and heavy blood flow.
- Negative reviews claim the supplement is ineffective, and on top of that, it is expensive.
No further sources of reviews present on any other website.
Take one to two capsules per day or as directed by a healthcare practitioner. If pregnant, consult with your doctor before using as well. Keep out of reach of children, and store sealed in a cool, dry place.
Where to Buy Vital Nutrients PMS Support
Vital Nutrients PMS Support can be bought from participating practitioners. It can also be purchased through Amazon.
By Anita Myers, Expert Reviewer | Updated Apr 20, 2020
I am truly passionate about helping others find the path to better health, wellness, and spirituality through yoga. I blog at Anita's Wellness Journey.
- Amazon, https://amzn.to/2qqpDNQ
- Bope, E.T. & Kellerman, R.D. (2013). Conn's Current Therapy 2013. Pennsylvania: Elsevier. Available from Google Books.
- De Leo, V. et al. (2014). Phyto-Oestrogens and Chaste Tree Berry: A New Option in the Treatment of Menopausal Disorders. Journal of Women's Health Care, 3, 182. doi: 10.4172/2167-0420.1000182
- Vital Nutrients, https://www.vitalnutrients.net/pms-support.html
- Woolven, L. (2008). The Smart Woman's Guide to PMS and Pain-Free Periods. Canada: John Wiley & Sons Canada, Ltd. Available from Google Books.