60+ years on the market
Product of Germany
- M-F 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. CST
- Extensive clinical research showing Remifemin standardized black cohosh extract reduces menopausal symptoms
- Effective for those going through the menopausal transition; results will be different for everyone
- No money-back guarantee
- Price (via Amazon): around $20 for 2-month supply
How Remifemin Menopause Relief Works
Our external research discovered that the main ingredient of this supplement, black cohosh, contains phytoestrogens (plant-based estrogens) that occupy estrogen hormone receptors in the body. In this way, the black cohosh helps raise endogenous estrogen levels to relieve menopausal symptoms caused by the hormone's dramatic drop throughout the menopausal transition.
Remifemin Menopause Relief Ingredients
- Black cohosh extract - phytoestrogenic herb, famously used for hot flash relief
Lactose, cellulose, potato starch, magnesium stearate, natural peppermint flavor
This product contains no common allergens (soy, gluten, propylene glycol, hormones, artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives).
Remifemin Menopause Relief Safety & Side Effects
Remifemin Menopause Relief Safety
This supplement is not recommended for women who are trying to get pregnant or are pregnant or nursing, as well as those with known or suspected estrogen-dependent cancers. Also, studies show long-term use of black cohosh could lead to liver damage. Consult with a doctor before use if you are already taking prescription drugs or have a liver disorder. Also, if you develop symptoms of liver trouble, such as abdominal pain, dark urine, or jaundice, discontinue use immediately.
Side Effects of Remifemin Menopause Relief
The company does not list any side effects, but it does advise against its use by those with liver disease. Also, according to the UK's Cancer Research site, common side effects of black cohosh (the main ingredient) include stomach pain, skin rashes, and feelings of sickness. Overdosing can cause headaches, slowed heart rate, uterine contractions, joint pain, lightheadedness, and low blood pressure.
Remifemin Menopause Relief Reviews
(700+ reviews – Average rating: 4.2 out of 5)
Reviews from customers who purchased a 60-day supply:
- Positive reviews commend Remifemin Menopause Relief for exactly what they market on their packaging, relief from night sweats, mood swings, and especially hot flashes. Many also recommend the supplement for its affordable cost in comparison to other similar products.
- Negative reviews criticize the product for its ineffectiveness as well as side effects of bloating, edema, kidney pain, dizziness, leg cramps, stomach upset, and allergic reactions, to name a few.
No further sources of reviews present on other reputable websites.
Take one tablet in the morning and one tablet in the evening with water. Women are recommended to take Remifemin for at least eight weeks before deciding if it works, but noticeable results may not occur until up to 12 weeks of use.
Where to Buy Remifemin Menopause Relief
Remifemin Menopause Relief is available for purchase from a variety of stores and pharmacies, such as Walmart, Walgreens, the Vitamin Shoppe, and Vitacost, among others. Use the store locator on the Remifemin website (http://www.remifemin.com). It is also available through Amazon and the distributor's website: https://www.enzymatictherapy.com/Home.aspx.
Remifemin® Menopause Relief is a registered trademark.
By Anita Myers, Expert Reviewer | Updated Feb 19, 2018
I am truly passionate about helping others find the path to better health, wellness, and spirituality through yoga. I blog at Anita's Wellness Journey.
- Amazon, https://amzn.to/2EkAYUp
- Cancer Research UK. (2015). Black cohosh. Retrieved September 24, 2018, from http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancer-in-general/treatment/complementary-alternative-therapies/individual-therapies/black-cohosh
- Enzymatic Therapy, https://www.enzymatictherapy.com/Home.aspx
- Pelletier, K.R. (2000). The Best Alternative Medicine. New York: Fireside. Available from Google Books.
- Remifemin, http://www.remifemin.com/Products/Remifemin
- University of Maryland Medical Center. (2017). Menopause. Retrieved September 24, 2018, from https://www.umms.org/ummc/patients-visitors/health-library/in-depth-patient-education-reports/articles/menopause