15+ years on the market
- Live chat available Hours: 9am-6pm EDT (Mon - Fri)
- Clinical trials proving effectiveness of main ingredient
- Effective for perimenopausal and postmenopausal symptoms; results will vary since everyone's body is different
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- Price (via macafem.com): $30 for 1-month supply (100 tablets)
How Macafem Works
Macafem nourishes the endocrine glands with essential nutrients and beneficial alkaloids. By doing this, the supplement helps the hormonal glands to optimize their own hormonal production, thus relieving various hormonal imbalance symptoms.
- Micropowdered Lepidium meyenii - Peruvian herb scientifically proven to alleviate psychological and physical conditions of menopausal and postmenopausal women
Microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium
Macafem does not contain any common allergens (lactose, wheat, gluten, yeast, or soy).
Macafem Safety & Side Effects
Consult your healthcare professional before starting Macafem if you are pregnant or nursing. Macafem is not recommended for women who are taking hormone-suppressing medication, such as Tamoxifen. There is no limit on the length of time Macafem can be safely used, and the supplement is generally considered safe for long-term use.
Side Effects of Macafem
Possible side effects are mild. They occur in less than 4% of women during the first few days of consumption and soon disappear. For some women, slight side effects – mainly of sleep issues and digestive problems – persist throughout the duration of the time they take Macafem.
(450+ reviews - Average rating: 4.6 out of 5)
- Positive reviews rave about Macafem finally bringing them relief from hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, hair loss, bloating, brain fog, low libido, insomnia, headaches, irregular periods, depression, and many more.
- Negative reviews mention the product's ineffectiveness, and some women mention that the product had initially worked but then became less effective.
(3 reviews - Average rating: 4.0 out of 5)
Less representative due to extremely low number of reviews:
- Positive reviews mention Macafem's ability to help balance female hormones for optimal body functioning and, consequently, alleviation of symptoms within the first few days.
- Negative reviews demote the product for its price.
Take 3 tablets per day (all three after breakfast or one with every meal). The dosage can vary from 1 to 6 tablets daily, depending on the severity of the symptoms.
Where to Buy Macafem
Macafem is available for purchase only via its official website: http://www.macafem.com/buy-macafem/
By Anita Myers, Expert Reviewer | Updated Dec 13, 2019
I am truly passionate about helping others find the path to better health, wellness, and spirituality through yoga. I blog at Anita's Wellness Journey.
- Brooks, N.A. et al. (2008). Beneficial effects of Lepidium meyenii (Maca) on psychological symptoms and measures of sexual dysfunction in postmenopausal women are not related to estrogen or androgen content. Menopause, 15(6), 1157-1162. doi: 10.1097/gme.0b013e3181732953.
- Macafem, www.macafem.com