80+ years in business
- Claimed efficacy for women going through the menopausal transition; results vary
- No clinical research on company's site proving product effectiveness
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Price (via gnc.com): around $45 for a 1-month supply
How GNC Women's Ultra Mega Menopause Works
GNC Women's Ultra Mega Menopause contains seven (7) daily pills to take, each of which was designed to support a woman's overall health. For example, the Women's Ultra Mega Bone Density formula includes key vitamins and minerals beneficial for bone health and natural bone building. It is also enhanced with cell-protecting antioxidant nutrients involved in the formation of the bone matrix.
GNC Women's Ultra Mega Menopause Ingredients
Women's Ultra Mega Bone Density without Iron and Iodine
- Vitamin A - renowned for promoting good vision
- Vitamin C - required for the absorption of iron, wound healing, a healthy immune system, etc.
- Vitamin D - assists in building and maintaining healthy bones
- Vitamin E - antioxidant that prevents free radical damage
- Vitamin K - functions as a coenzyme that helps with synthesis of proteins involved in blood clotting, bone metabolism, and other functions
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) - helps with the process of changing carbs into energy and supports nerve signal transmission
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) - essential component of enzymes that assist in bodily energy production, cell function, and drug and fat metabolism
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) - maintains normal nerve function, creates hemoglobin, breaks down proteins, and balances blood sugar
- Vitamin B12 - contributes to healthy brain and nervous system functioning
- Niacin (vitamin B3) - helps the body lower cholesterol and improve circulation
- Folic acid (vitamin B9) - assists the body in making new cells
- Biotin (vitamin B7) - famous for stimulating healthy hair and nail growth
- Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) - promotes conversion of protein, carbs, and fats into energy
- Calcium - necessary mineral for bone health
- Magnesium - maintains normal muscle and nerve function, supports a healthy immune system, regulates blood glucose levels, and more vital roles
- Zinc - trace mineral necessary for a properly functioning immune system, wound healing, and more
- Selenium - trace mineral that assists body to produce antioxidant enzymes
- Copper - trace mineral that helps produce red blood cells
- Manganese - mineral necessary for nerve and brain function
- Chromium - aids in fat and carbohydrate metabolism
- Molybdenum - cofactor of enzymes that helps break down amino acids
- MBP - protein complex from milk; helps with calcium absorption to promote healthy bone density
- Alpha-lipoic acid - antioxidant used to protect nerve tissues from damage
- Choline - essential nutrient necessary for lipid transport and metabolism, cell membrane signaling, and other physiological functions
- Inositol - a.k.a. myo-inositol; major cell membrane component that arbitrates signal transduction in response to hormones and neurotransmitters
- Green tea leaf extract - renowned for its catechins, polyphenols that act as antioxidants to prevent free radical cell damage; helps boost energy
- Cranberry concentrate - famously known to lower risk of contracting urinary tract infections
- Silica - strengthens spinal cord, nerve cell, and brain connective tissues, which has positive effects on memory
- Boron - scientifically proven to increase estrogen and testosterone levels in postmenopausal women; found to help prevent calcium and bone loss
- Lutemax 2020TM lutein - optimizes nutrient availability to the eyes
- Lycopene - antioxidant that protects against oxidative damage among other roles
- Zeaxanthin - carotenoid located within the eye that protects it against chronic eye diseases, such as cataracts and age-related macular degeneration
- Astaxanthin - antioxidant associated with promoting skin, heart, and joint health, among other roles
- Vanadium - chemical element used to treat anemia, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and more
Cellulose, titanium dioxide, carmine color, natural vanilla flavor, vegetable acetoglycerides, sucralose
- Black cohosh root extract - phytoestrogenic herb, famously used for hot flash relief
- Soy isoflavone concentrate - phytoestrogens that help alleviate psychological and physical symptoms of hormonal imbalance
Cellulose, gelatin, maltodextrin
Fish body oil, gelatin, glycerin, natural lemon flavor, rosemary leaf extract, vitamin E
Evening Primrose Oil 1300
Gelain, glycerin, enteric coating (cellulose, sodium alginate, medium chain triglycerides, oleic and stearic acid)
This product does not contain gluten, yeast, artificial colors, or artificial flavors.
GNC Women's Ultra Mega Menopause Safety & Side Effects
GNC Women's Ultra Mega Menopause Safety
Check with a doctor before use if you are taking medication or have a medical condition. This supplement is not recommended for women who are pregnant, nursing, or may become pregnant. You may have to discontinue use of this product two weeks prior to surgery.
Side Effects of GNC Women's Ultra Mega Menopause
GNC does not mention any short- or long-term side effects from taking any of the pills in this menopause supplement pack. However, our external research reveals that high doses of black cohosh can cause headaches, lightheadedness, uterine contractions, joint pain, slowed heart rate, lower blood pressure, and more. Black cohosh is not recommended for use more than six months at a time.
GNC Women's Ultra Mega Menopause Reviews
(20+ reviews - Average rating: 4.4 out of 5)
Extremely small sample size of customers who purchased a 1-month supply (30 packs):
- Positive reviews talk about the product's ability to relieve hot flashes, fatigue, irritability, night sweats, insomnia, and more symptoms.
- Negative reviews complain about the product not being derived from food as well as its apparent ineffectiveness in treating symptoms.
(70+ reviews - Average rating: 4.3 out of 5)
Customers who purchased a 1-month supply (30 packs):
- Positive reviews rave about finding relief from hot flashes, nights sweats, joint pain, fatigue, anxiety, mood swings, and more.
- Negative reviews mention the supplement's ineffectiveness, how inconvenient it is to take seven pills a day, the apparent smell of the supplements, and the addition of artificial sweeteners, such as sucralose.
As a dietary supplement, take the contents of one pack every day with food. Store in a cool, dry place.
Where to Buy GNC Women's Ultra Mega Menopause
GNC Women's Ultra Mega Menopause is available for purchase through GNC's official website (www.gnc.com) as well as on Amazon. It may also be available in GNC stores nationwide.
GNC Women's Ultra Mega® Menopause is a registered trademark.
By Anita Myers, Expert Reviewer | Updated Mar 21, 2019
I am truly passionate about helping others find the path to better health, wellness, and spirituality through yoga. I blog at Anita's Wellness Journey.
- Amazon, https://amzn.to/2EibF5u
- American Optometric Association. (n.d.). Lutein & Zeaxanthin. Retrieved March 21, 2019, from https://www.aoa.org/patients-and-public/caring-for-your-vision/diet-and-nutrition/lutein
- Cancer Research UK. (2015). Black cohosh. Retrieved March 21, 2019, from http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancer-in-general/treatment/complementary-alternative-therapies/individual-therapies/black-cohosh
- GNC, http://www.gnc.com/womens-vitapaks/330220.html?productId=29926936
- MedlinePlus. (2018). Selenium in diet | Zinc in diet | Magnesium in diet | Niacin. Retrieved March 21, 2019, from https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002414.htm | https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002416.htm | https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002423.htm | https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/natural/924.html
- National Institutes of Health. (2018). Vitamin K | Choline. Retrieved March 21, 2019, from https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminK-HealthProfessional/ | https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Choline-HealthProfessional/
- University of Rochester Medical Center. (n.d.). Alpha Lipoic Acid. Retrieved March 21, 2019, from https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?contenttypeid=19&contentid=AlphalipoicAcid