20+ years on the market
- Mon-Fri: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. EST
- Clinical studies proving efficacy of black cohosh and soy isoflavones easing menopausal vasomotor symptoms
- Works throughout menopausal transition. Results vary since the blend acts differently for everyone.
- No money-back guarantee
- Price (via Amazon): less than $15 for 1-month supply
- Products sold only through third parties, not directly from the company website
How Estroven Maximum Strength plus Energy Works
Estroven's site isn't 100% clear on HOW their ingredients work to relieve menopausal symptoms. Nevertheless, the company does credit the reduction of hot flashes and night sweats to black cohosh and soy isoflavones. It also attributes relief from irritability, fatigue, and mood swings to the magnolia bark and green tea with yerba mate.
- Calcium - important mineral for bone health
- Black cohosh root extract - phytoestrogenic herb, famously used for hot flash relief
- Soy isoflavones - phytoestrogens that help alleviate psychological and physical symptoms of hormonal imbalance
- Green tea leaf extract - green tea renowned for its catechins, polyphenols that act as antioxidants to prevent free radical cell damage; helps boost energy
- Yerba mate leaf extract - used to manage fatigue; protective effect on bone mineral density in postmenopausal women
- Magnolia bark extract - anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidative and neuroprotective properties; traditionally used to lower anxiety and stress
Microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, croscarmellose sodium, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, silicon dioxide, polyethylene glycol, magnesium stearate, titanium dioxide (color), riboflavin (color)
Estroven Maximum Strength plus Energy does NOT contain synthetic estrogen or any common allergens (yeast, wheat, gluten, and lactose).
Estroven Safety & Side Effects
Estroven Maximum Strength plus Energy Safety
Estroven Maximum Strength plus Energy is safe to take for most women. For those with pre-existing hormone-receptive health conditions (breast, cervical, or ovarian cancer; endometriosis; fibroid tumors), due to the immense amount of phytoestrogens present, the supplement could aggravate symptoms. It is not recommended for those who are pregnant, nursing, or may become pregnant as well as for those with liver damage or high blood pressure.
Side Effects of Estroven Maximum Strength plus Energy
Estroven's website does not mention any side effects. From our research, most users do not experience any. However, there are numerous contraindications and user-reported side effects, such as allergic reactions, heart palpitations, and fatigue. Also, research shows that taking excessive amounts of black cohosh can cause liver damage, headaches, abdominal pain, diarrhea, visual disturbances, joint pain, nausea, tremors, and more.
(600+ reviews - Average rating: 4.2 out of 5)
Reviews from customers who purchased a one-month supply:
Positive reviews praise Estroven Maximum Strength plus Energy for providing relief from menopausal weight gain, fatigue, mood swings, night sweats, and especially hot flashes. Customers also consider the price comfortable and feel the supplement's effects quickly lessen upon taking it.
Negative reviews focus on the supplement's ineffectiveness, unwanted side effects, and the fact that it does not contain vitamins in the blend.
(740+ reviews - Average rating: 4.6 out of 5)
Majority of reviewers on the site received the product for free in exchange for a review:
Positive reviews focus on the supplement's ability to relieve hot flashes, mood swings, insomnia, night sweats, fatigue, irritability, and more.
Negative reviews critiqued the supplement for simply not working.
Take one capsule per day near mealtime. For best results, daily intake is recommended for a minimum of 60 days. Please consult with a healthcare professional before taking. Store the supplements at room temperature with no exposure to heat, humidity, or direct sunlight.
Where to Buy Estroven Products
You can find where to buy all Estroven products online at: https://www.estroven.com/. Estroven Maximum Strength plus Energy can be bought through Amazon, and most Estroven products are available for purchase in major pharmacy retailers, such as CVS, Walmart, Target, Rite Aid, and Walgreens. Use the store search tool on their website for locations near you.
Estroven® is a registered trademark.
By Anita Myers, Expert Reviewer | Updated Mar 21, 2019
I am truly passionate about helping others find the path to better health, wellness, and spirituality through yoga. I blog at Anita's Wellness Journey.
- Ahsan, M. & Mallick, A.K. (2017). The Effect of Soy Isoflavones on the Menopause Rating Scale Scoring in Perimenopausal and Postmenopausal Women: A Pilot Study. Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research, 11(9), FC13-FC16. doi: 10.7860/JCDR/2017/26034.10654
- Amazon, https://amzn.to/2JkxZPJ
- Conforti, A.S. et al. (2012). Yerba Mate (Ilex paraguariensis) consumption is associated with higher bone mineral density in postmenopausal women. Bone, 50(1), 9-13. Doi: 10.1016/j.bone.2011.08.029.
- Estroven, https://www.estroven.com/
- Lee, Y. et al. (2012). A Comparison between Extract Products of Magnolia officinalis on Memory Impairment and Amyloidogenesis in a Transgenic Mouse Model of Alzheimer's Disease. Biomolecules & Therapeutics, 20(3), 332-339. doi: 10.4062/biomolther.2012.20.3.332
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. (2016). Black Cohosh. Retrieved March 21, 2019, from https://nccih.nih.gov/health/blackcohosh/ataglance.htm
- National Institutes of Health: Office of Dietary Supplements. (2017). Black Cohosh. Retrieved March 21, 2019, from https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/BlackCohosh-HealthProfessional/
- University of Wisconsin. (2007). Green Tea: What is the cancer connection? Nutrition Connections, 2(1), 1. Retrieved September March 21, 2019, from https://www.uwhealth.org/files/uwhealth/docs/pdf/nut_connect_sum07.pdf