Company less than 10 years in business
- Effective for women throughout the menopausal transition (peri- and postmenopause); results vary
- No clinical research on company's site proving product efficacy
- 60-day money-back guarantee (when purchased through authorized dealer or company)
- Price (via website): around $20 for a 1-month supply
How DrFormulas Menopause Support Works
There are several ingredients within this dietary supplement that help combat menopausal symptoms together. For example, soy isoflavones act as weak estrogens in the body, helping to reduce the severity and frequency of hot flashes and night sweats as well as balance mood and improve sleeping patterns. Dong quai also helps support estrogen balance during menopause, and ultimately helps regulate the nervous system to reduce anxiety. Other nutrients in the proprietary blend work together to counteract other symptoms, too.
DrFormulas Menopause Support Ingredients
- Red clover extract - traditionally used for alleviating menopausal hot flashes
- Sage extract - also popular in relieving hot flashes and night sweats
- Black cohosh extract - phytoestrogenic herb, famously used for hot flash relief
- Dong quai extract - phytoestrogen added to help combat hot flashes
- Licorice extract - scientifically proven to decrease frequency and severity of hot flashes
- Chasteberry extract - proven to reduce vasomotor symptoms of night sweats, hot flashes, and flushes in menopausal women
- Blessed thistle powder - traditionally used to balance hormones by supporting healthier liver function
- Red raspberry powder - traditionally used as a uterine tonic and to treat heavy periods
- Soy isoflavones - phytoestrogens that help alleviate psychological and physical symptoms of hormonal imbalance
- Wild yam - used to treat a variety of menopause symptoms, specifically hot flashes
- Trans-Resveratrol - polyphenol scientifically studied to reduce chronic pain and boost feelings of well-being
Microcrystalline cellulose, gelatin (bovine), vegetable magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide
This supplement does not contain gluten, artificial colors, artificial flavors, or chemical preservatives.
DrFormulas Menopause Support Safety & Side Effects
DrFormulas Menopause Support Safety
There is no information provided on the safety of long-term use. Those with a medical condition or history of cancer should consult with a physician before use. DrFormulas Menopause Support is also not recommended for those who are pregnant, nursing, or may become pregnant. Keep out of reach of children.
Side Effects of DrFormulas Menopause Support
DrFormulas' site does not mention any side effects from taking this supplement. Some studies suggest that long-term use of black cohosh could increase the risk of contracting uterine cancer and other hormone-dependent cancers.
DrFormulas Menopause Support Reviews
(1,100+ reviews - Average rating: 4.2 out of 5)
Reviews from customers who purchased a 1-month supply (60 capsules):
- Positive reviews rave about Menopause Support's ability to alleviate hot flashes, anxiety, fatigue, night sweats, insomnia, night sweats, difficulty concentrating, and irritability, among other symptoms.
- Negative reviews claim that the supplement didn't work as promised. They also criticize the supplement for causing side effects of constipation, nausea, cramps, allergic reactions, headaches, diarrhea, and others.
(80+ reviews - Average rating: 4.8 out of 5)
Small sample pool makes results not very representative:
- Positive reviews on the company site talk about relief from hot flashes, low energy, sugar cravings, mood swings, exhausted libido, and night sweats.
- Negative reviews claim that the supplement worked initially, and then, effectiveness wore off. Other less positive reviews stated that it didn't cure all menopause symptoms experienced.
Take two capsules daily with food for three weeks. Then, follow with a subsequent week break. Do not exceed more than the recommended dosage of two capsules per day.
Where to Buy DrFormulas Menopause Support
DrFormulas Menopause Support can be purchased directly from the website (www.drformulas.com) or online through Amazon.
DrFormulas Menopause Support™ is a registered trademark.
By Anita Myers, Expert Reviewer | Updated Apr 20, 2020
I am truly passionate about helping others find the path to better health, wellness, and spirituality through yoga. I blog at Anita's Wellness Journey.
- Amazon, https://amzn.to/2GVuHE4
- Cancer Research UK. (2015). Black cohosh. Retrieved March 21, 2019, from http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancer-in-general/treatment/complementary-alternative-therapies/individual-therapies/black-cohosh
- De Leo, V. et al. (2014). Phyto-Oestrogens and Chaste Tree Berry: A New Option in the Treatment of Menopausal Disorders. Journal of Women's Health Care, 3, 182. doi: 10.4172/2167-0420.1000182
- DrFormulas, https://bit.ly/2HJLMkl
- Ghazanfarpour, M. et al. (2015). Effects of red clover on hot flash and circulating hormone concentrations in menopausal women: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Avicenna Journal of Phytomedicine, 5(6), 498-511. Retrieved March 21, 2019, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4678495/
- Henpicked Limited. (2018). Menopause: The Change for the Better. London: Green Tree. Available from Google Books.
- Nahidi, F. et al. (2012). Effects of Licorice on Relief and Recurrence of Menopausal Hot Flashes. Iranian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 11(2), 541-548. Retrieved March 21, 2019, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3832176/
- Wong, R.H.X. et al. (2017). Resveratrol supplementation reduces pain experience by postmenopausal women. Menopause, 24(8), 916-922. doi: 10.1097/GME.0000000000000861.