Pros & Cons
10+ years on the market
- Free advice line: NurseAid
- (800) 211-8021
Effectiveness 4 of 5
Clinical trials (3 double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized)
Over 1,000 Amazon testimonials found online
/ Works for any stage of menopause, peri to postmenopause. Results vary since women may react differently to the blend.
Safety 3 of 5
/ Adverse side effects: none registered during clinical trials, but women's testimonies on Amazon state otherwise (see below for more)
No information on safety for long-term use
Not recommended for women with thyroid issues (goiter), fibroids, and hypertension
Cost-benefit 4 of 5
/ Price around $80 for 90-day supply (via website)
Extensively tested ingredients (over 45 years)
Good service with money-back guarantee and full support
Good cost benefit: considering price, quality, and service
Score: 3.7 out of 5.0
With the company's money-back guarantee, Amberen can be considered a low-risk purchase with potential to relieve some major menopausal symptoms. Although the company's dedication to prove their product's effectiveness with clinical trials is impressive, I'm not sure how legitimate it is, seeing as Amberen was previously marketed specifically toward menopausal weight loss and was sued by the FTC in 2015-2016 for unsupported claims. Needless to say, it is nice to see many strong testimonials and customer reviews of Amberen as well as good product availability throughout a variety of sites, including Amazon.
Check out Amberen's website for all the details here: http://www.amberen.com
My Tips for Improvement:
- Amberen should extend their money-back guarantee to 90 days, the recommended length of time for best results.
- Amberen should offer their money-back guarantee to customers purchasing on Amazon, which is cheaper than purchasing via the official website.
Amberen Quick Fact Sheet
Main: Ammonium succinate, calcium disuccinate, monosodium L-glutamate, glycine, magnesium disuccinate, zinc difumarate hydrate, tocopheryl acetate
Other: Gelatin, rice flour, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, titanium dioxide, riboflavin, carmine, water
How Amberen Works
Amberen's proprietary blend supports and rejuvenates hypothalamus function, which mends communication with hormone-producing organs, such as the ovaries. As a result, the severity of menopause symptoms decreases.
Take 2 tablets per day, one orange and one white (after breakfast). Avoid caffeinated drinks when taking Amberen. For best results, the recommended duration is for at least 90 days. For guidance, dosage adjustments, or menopause consultations, NurseAid is available via email or phone.
Amberen Side Effects
On the company website, they claim there are no side effects of taking Amberen. However, customer reviews on Amazon mention a variety, including mood swings; allergic reactions and headaches (mainly from MSG); weight gain; stomach aches; and more. Side effects seem to subside after discontinuing use.
Where to Buy Amberen
Amberen can be purchased via its official website: http://amberen.com/. It can also be bought on Amazon and in some pharmacy chain stores, such as CVS, Walmart, and Walgreens.
By Anita Myers, Expert Reviewer | Updated Jun 15, 2018
I am truly passionate about helping others find the path to better health, wellness, and spirituality through yoga. I blog at Anita's Wellness Journey.
- Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/Amberen-Multi-Symptom-Menopause-Sleeplessness-Effects/dp/B00KFA94FC/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1
- Amberen, http://amberen.com/
- Better Business Bureau. (2018). Lunada Biomedical: Alerts & Actions. Retrieved February 16, 2018, from https://www.bbb.org/losangelessiliconvalley/business-reviews/vitamins-and-supplements/lunada-biomedical-in-los-angeles-ca-100061267/Alerts-and-Actions
- Medical Supply (Supplement Facts image), https://medsupplyexchange.com/product/amberen-multi-symptom-peri-menopause-relief-supplement-for-hot-flashes-night-sweats-mood-swings-low-energy-and-other-symptoms-naturally-restores-hormonal-balance-3-boxes/